Friday, October 21, 2005

Alice on Alice

It tingles first within my mouth
And makes its way beneath my toes.
With a curiouser, and curiouser sense
I stand and face the window,
And there, with hungry yellow eyes,
Drool the Jabberwocky without disguise!
I flee like a sparrow
As it breaks from every shard of glass.
Outside the darkness spreads amongst
The eX-rays of light that came to pass.
I worry not now for good advice
Whilst in the chase these magic Mushrooms
Do provide
All the answers I need for now.
I take as much as my throat would allow
Then watch the blacktop below
Grow in depth.
Smaller, smaller, smaller,
The size of my feet grows smaller,
Distancing themselves with my sight.
Until a branch and a solid
Thud greet my head.
With a sudden fright,
I shrink backwards
Not from atop but from below
And fast I fall from the height
I was just bestowed!
The Jabberwocky’s mouth
Catches me within its jaws.
I say: this October does not behold
Such a golden afternoon
After all…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home