Monday, March 06, 2006

Random Tales From Youth #1

I remember once that all I needed was to go back to the forest and take the woodcutters axe so that I can cut down some trees and fix the bridge. I had to pretend sick that day so that I would be able to go home. School that day was as boring as it could be, and I just couldn’t fix the feeling out of me that I finally knew the answer to my troubles. So I chopped down some wood from some unfortunate, and pixilated, tree and took it all the way to the river and then to the threshold of the broken bridge. But just before the bridge was fixed, my dad was already standing behind me, at the doorway to my room. I wasn’t allowed to play videogames on weekdays then, and I was supposed to be “sick” after all. “Turn it off” he said. I did what I was told, but only after I saved my game. He took the whole console away, and told me that I was grounded “indefinitely”. I can’t remember what I felt then. But I could remember how frustrated I was when I couldn’t get pass the bridge before, same as how delighted I was when someone told me how to fix the bridge. It took them six weeks to make repairs, and also before I could cross it and go to the largest city called “Meribia”. I think it was the first day of Thanksgiving weekend that I got it back. I woke up and there it was, the Sega CD, on the futon couch, with a note from my dad that I happened to have lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home